Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the humpback whales!
If you are on Hawaii during the last Saturday of January, February or March and want to do something good for the Humpback Whales, you are in luck! You can volunteer 4 hours of your time to help preserve and protect the Humpback Whales by joining the Sanctuary Ocean Count project.
Registering for the Sanctuary Ocean count is easy, and has to be done on this website. Please keep in mind the following tips if you are considering volunteering:
- Registration for the count closes noon the Friday, one week prior to each Ocean Count event date!
- The count is a family friendly event open to all ages, but please ensure children are always accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Space at each site varies and is limited and online registration will not be possible for those sites that have zero spaces available.
- You must fill out a registration form for each date you want to participate at. This means you’ll have to fill out 3 registration forms if you want to volunteer for all 3 dates.
- You can only register one individual per registration form.
- A confirmation message, followed by an E-mail confirmation, will indicate successful registration. If you don’t get an email confirmation right after then please contact email@example.com
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not affiliated with the Ocean Count effort on the Hawai’i islands but maintain this website to raise awareness about the ocean count. Find the official website for the Ocean Count at https://oceancount.org/